Friday 13 December 2013

December 13th: The unlucky Magpie and a Parrot made with love (for you Vicky Archer).

Copyright/All Rights Reserved Elissa V Evans 2013.
Pencil, Ink pen and coloured felt tip on the back cover of my sketchbook.
On this the 13th day (a Friday!) of December, whilst walking along one of the main roads in Swansea, I came across a poor injured Magpie huddled in a door way of a shop. I tried to gather him up in my warm hands, in order to take him to a quieter spot, or even to the bird hospital, but he was too frightened and kept attempting to fly/ walk off. In the end I had to leave him... I wonder if he's made it through the day? What an unlucky day for him.

Sorry for the sad post... here's a happier bird to cheer you up:


Copyright/All Rights Reserved Elissa V Evans 2013.
Pencil, Ink pen and coloured felt tip on handmade paper with petals.
My lovely Aunty Vicky made this felt parrot on a hoop for my darling baby boy, when he was born. Vic the Parrot swings underneath the lamp next to Marty's cot. We say goodnight/nos da to Vic every night. This post is a belated birthday drawing for you, (Aunty) Vicky Archer... better late than never, eh? Lots of love. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment