Saturday 14 December 2013

December 14th: The Mouse King (for my Mummy).

Copyright/ All RIghts Reserved Elissa V Evans 2013
Inspired by the Royal ballet's Mouse King earlier this evening, drawn from memory...I managed to notice the King had little mice heads in amongst his crown mane! Ewww.
Pencil, watercolour and ink on handmade paper.
On a very wet and windy 14th evening of December, my dear mum took me to see The Nutcracker Ballet(streamed live from the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, London, to our local arts cinema in the Taliesin at Swansea University of Wales).

What glorious music(Tchaikovsky) and what talented dancers! There were a few kids there, with their mummies and daddies, and the little girls were all dressed up in pretty frocks and head bands. I bet they all want to be ballerinas when they grow up. They probably  go to local ballet classes, just like I used to do. I wonder... is it too late to train again? Hmmmm. I think so!  Nothing stopping me do a few pirouettes in the kitchen for Marty, though, is there?

Thanks for a lovely evening Mummy! Merry Christmas! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment