Thursday 19 December 2013

December 16th, 17th, 18th & 19th: A 'Woof', a 'Baa Baah', a 'Grrrr' and a 'Gobble, Gobble'. (For everyone!)

I've really not had any time to sit and draw these last few days, and no time to get on the computer... so quickly, this evening, I am catching up with windows 16,17,18 and 19. I've just had a rummage in my studio and found some older EvE designs, so I hope you'll except them in place of new drawings... it is Christmas time, the time for forgiveness, after all... 

December 16th:


Copyright/All Rights Reserved Elissa V Evans 2013 (Actually, 2005ish)
 This is an old sketch of our family dog - my parent's mental spaniel, Morgi. He is a dear old thing. Often smelly, but a lovely woofy.



December 17th:


Copyright/All Rights Reserved Elissa V Evans 2013 (Actually, 2012ish)
 Some acrobatic sheep - designs for a range of cards I sold last year, or maybe even the year before. Will make more for 2014 I think as they sold well.



December 18th:


Copyright/All Rights Reserved Elissa V Evans 2013 (Actually, 2009)
 I have a little wooden bear in my studio, which I cherish form a relative no longer with us. I must have drawn him for a card for someone, and never sold or sent it. I noticed the card sticking out of my bookshelves this evening, so I thought he'd like to appear in this window. Also, whilst visiting pals yesterday (to catch up, deliver Crimbo presents and drink lots of tea) I noticed 2 small wooden bears at Elena's house. She told me they were much loved keepsakes from her childhood (an eldery neighbour's) and she suggested I drew one for this blog... I will Elena, not for the blog, for you. Next time I come down I'll sketch the pair of them. xx




December 19th:



Copyright/All Rights Reserved Elissa V Evans 2013 (Actually, 2010)
This page is from a sketchbook of mine (2010) and is rather apt for this season of over eating. Although I'm not a vegetarian, watching a program about flavouring meat while it is still a living and breathing animal must have struck a chord.

I used to sit and sketch all the time, even when 'watching' telly... I don't anymore, but perhaps I should. I do like the way I draw when not worrying about drawing.

And I like their faces. Even though they're not very happy. Poor gooesy goosey.

By the way I have never eaten goose, and doubt I ever will, now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment