Sunday 8 December 2013

December 8th: A handful of Elephant (for my boy, Marty)

Copyright/All Rights Reserved Elissa V Evans (and Marty Wilson)2013
Life drawing of Marty's Elephant handpuppet made by Bambia (an Aldi purchase).
Carpenter's pencil, with added lines and expressive marks by Marty Wilson, aged 18months.
On the 8th day of December, whilst still in my dressing gown,  I was playing with our gorgeous son and all his stuffed animal toys. Bambia elephant(handpuppet) posed for a quick drawing and it was all going well until Marty decided he wanted the pencil. I think he felt my drawing needed loosening up a little. My head of Fine Art, back in Art college, would agree with him and I,too, think our joint effort is actually rather lovely!

By the way I take commissions and love drawing other peoples long loved toys. A great way to keep them alive long after they have lost their eyes and limbs and fur! Contact me on elissavevans@hotmail.com or via my FB page

No comments:

Post a Comment